Thursday, November 20, 2008

Here We Go, Here We Go Again

I'm giving it yet another shot. SMBL returns. Random musings of whatever the hell I want to write from here on out. It might be politics, because Barack Obama is So Much Better Live. It might be sports, because NBA Basketball is So Much Better Live. It might be movies, because...uhh...seeing movies in the theatre...LIVE...instead of on DVD...is So Much Better Live.

But it'll still be mostly music. Lots of individual songs, videos, reviews, etc. I hope, anyway.

So here's one from my fun last weekend: it's Maritime, with "Young Alumni."

Download: Maritime - Young Alumni

The album's a bit one-note for me, which is to say I haven't listened to it enough for the tracks to really stand out from each other, but this song does every time. Such a great, zippy-chill guitar riff, the kind of song you want to bob your head to in a coffee shop. The band actually reminds me a lot of a less-quirky Belle and Sebastian, or even moreso of Minus The Bear. Enjoy.

No comments: