Tuesday, July 17, 2007

The News, Finally: Lots of Pumpkins


Yeah, I'm starting to slip on the blogging. I need to get my mojo back.

---

Apparently, Dispatch reunited at Madison Square Garden in New York this weekend. They're officially the first independent band in history to sell out the arena. Comparatively, the White Stripes' show there next week still has tickets available.

I guess not all that surprising, since their, until-yesterday, final show brought 110,000 people to Massachussetts.

---

Billy Corgan continues to reveal himself as Rock Music's biggest ass. His open letter is the most arrogant thing I've ever read, which does make it pretty funny, but also makes it sad and irritating.

---

Doesn't help that apparently the band's not backing up his cockiness with their poorly-paced live show...

---

Keeping the Pumpkins news coming, their new album includes an insert featuring Paris Hilton photographs taken by Billy Corgan. Weird.

---

Okay, this is it, I swear. Explosions in the Sky are opening for the Pumpkins for 11 dates. That's really cool, but I have this weird thing with Explosions, where I really think I'd rather watch them in some sort of outdoor arena. Something like Wolftrap. Explosions in the Sky under the stars, that's what I want.

---

The Mercury Prize finalists, aka a list of british artists worth looking into, have been announced. I for one am pulling for an Arctic Monkeys two-peat. I simply love Favourite Worst Nightmare

No comments: