Thursday, June 14, 2007

Morning News Roundup

It's a good time to recap some of the random, cool stuff going on, so let's dooo eeet.

---

Got $500? Want to go on a cruise with Ben Folds? Now's your chance! It's the Ben Folds Experience!!

(Note: this is over my birthday next year. Mom, Dad? Take a hint?)

---

Spoon has spent the last week releasing a song from their new album, Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga, every day. All but two are available here. I'm a big fan of "The Underdog."

---

Radiohead's new album is "nearly there." I guess that's really all there is to say about that.

---

Bonnaroo starts today. I've gone from indifferent to madly jealous. I'd kill to be seeing The Police, White Stripes, Spoon, Ben Harper, The Hold Steady, Annuals, Lily Allen, Superjam (feat. John Paul Jones, Ben Harper, and ?uestlove), and The Flaming Lips (2.5 hours at midnight! Even better than My Morning Jacket last year!).

And I wouldn't complain about getting to see Wilco, Franz Ferdinand, Manu Chao, The Roots, Kings of Leon, Regina Spektor, or Rodrigo y Gabriela again.

Catch the live feed here, at the AT&T Blueroom (which is pissing me off, because they aren't re-posting the acts from Coachella I really want to watch).

I'm sure I'll be feeling the same jealousy again when the V Festival starts.

No comments: