Monday, June 18, 2007

New Week, New News

Back again with the daily news update.

---



The Go! Team has signed to Sub-Pop records, the former home of Nirvana and current home of The Shins. This also means their new album has a title and a release date. Proof of Youth hits on September 11, and if it's half as good as Thunder, Lightning, Strike, I'll be impressed.

---

Apparently The Police ended their set at Bonnaroo an hour early. Weird. Meanwhile, jazz legend Ornette Coleman collapsed from heat stroke (sad), Lily Allen downed half a bottle of Jagermeister on stage (badass), and it was dry and dusty as hell (sucks). You'll get the full, trippy report from my friend John in the field when he returns to civilization.

---

Sonic Youth are recording a new track for a Starbucks compilation cd in their honor. If it follows the style of Rather Ripped, which I loved, I'll be a happy camper.

1 comment:

Em said...

yaaaay pictures!!

and I like how john is your field reporter.