Monday, June 11, 2007

Paris News

Again, not exactly music news, but I'm strangely obsessed with this Paris Hilton fiasco, so here's the latest.

Looks like she called Barbara Walters collect from jail. She's dropped her appeal and instead, found God.

Yup. Some choice excerpts:

...

"I'm not the same person I was," she said. "I used to act dumb. It was an act. I am 26 years old, and that act is no longer cute. [...] I know now that I can make a difference. [...] I want to do different things when I am out of here. I have become muchh more spiritual."

...

She thought she might get toy companies to build a Paris Hilton playhouse, where sick children might come, and the toy companies would donate toys.

...

"My spirit or soul did not like the way I was being seen and that is why I was sent to jail"

...

"God has released me."

...

"I feel that the purpose of my life is to be where I am. However, usually with a situation like mine, the person serves 10 percent of their time. I have already served 30 percent of my time. I hope if there is overcrowding, I would be let out before someone with a much more serious crime."

...

So basically, she's pulling the same lame "found god" excuse many celebs pull, but really, it's just an act so she gets out early for good behavior. I hope her publicist is getting paid overtime for this.

No comments: