Monday, June 25, 2007

Without a Doubt, Today's News

I should get paid for this shit.

---

(The) Pixies aren't planning to release a new album. I couldn't really care less, as I only like a couple of their songs, but I know some of my readers might care. That said, they do put on a sweet show - they're so much better live - and I do feel a touch guilty having seen them while none of my pixies-loving friends have.

---

The Apple iTunes store is officially the nation's third largest music retailer, after Wal-Mart and Best Buy.

In related news, Rolling Stone's got an interesting article about the fall of the music industry. It's true. They really fucked up when they sued Napster into irrelevancy.

---

The biggest news of the day - No Doubt reunited for four songs at Gwen Stefani's recent show in Irvine. They came out for her encore, performing "Just A Girl," "Sunday Morning," "Spiderwebs," and "Hella Good." Excepting the last song, a solid treat for anyone there.

They've got a new album on the way. All of this hopefully means solo-Gwen will disappear for awhile.

Video of "Just A Girl" below:

No comments: